Thursday, November 1, 2007

Lightly Sprinkle with Some Sequins: A Very Pretty Trend

I LOVE VOGUE!

That said, in October's issue of Vogue there was a two page spread about glamming one's outfit up with a little sparkle by way of a well placed item of sequins. This could be in the form of a bag or an adorable shoe or a bolder top, one could even pull this look off with wearing a beautiful dress.

Although the word sequins can conjure up scary memories of a hideous 70's dress found at the back of a Goodwill rack, it's important to remember that when used sparingly and in good taste, everything, including sequins, can be fashionable.

I had a lot of fun researching for this post; I haunted a few of my favorite websites and came up with a wealth of different options.

Enjoy!



This beautiful little clutch via Tar-zhay could be used with both day and night looks. It's simple and classic; something that could be kept and used for years.
I actually saw these flats yesterday while I was at Old Navy. They are a wonderful twist on blue suede shoes, don't you think?
I love, love, love this top. Oh my goodness, I love it so much. The sequins is placed just right so that one wouldn't have to wear much jewelry with it and it's just enough sparkle to shine!
Why not try to add a little sparkle to your fingers? This geometric ring is pretty and very in right now; great for any hand!

Oh, how I have been looking for the perfect sequin tank to wear under a sharply tailored blazer for day or a cute, but light shrug for night and now I've found it! (I just wish it came in creme too.)

No comments: