Monday, November 19, 2007

Look of the Day

Today’s look screams “ Paris” (the city, not the heiress...please!) with its sleek lines and red, black and white stripped scarf. I love the use of the scarf in this look as it really makes the black pop by avoiding a monochromatic look. Nearly anyone will look slim and chic while sporting this little number, and I must give a shout out to my ever favorite, ever faithful black flats. Represent!

Pull this look together with some black Jackie O shades and slicked back hair. I say, “Oh la la!”

A Note:

I originally saw this look with a red and white stripped turtleneck worn under the dress. I L-O-V-E-D the look but had the darnedest time finding a red turtleneck to show here. What I’ve learned as a result is that substitution is the result of necessity, and necessity is the mother of invention. My motto is to think outside the box, especially when forced to do so, and this is a perfect example of just that. There has been many an outfit created because I haven’t had the exact piece to create the look from which I mooched! Try it and have fun!





No comments: