Monday, October 22, 2007

Call me a Poser... or call me a Genius, your call.

So, I don't know about anyone else, but when I feel like my style is getting a bit stale and my wardrobe needs some vamping up, I turn to some of my favorite online sources to get some ideas for how to make a new outfit. I'm sad to admit that I don't think I was born with that "natural style" that I sometimes think other people have. The story of my life has been that I try very hard to look like I wasn't trying very hard and rarely if ever do I come up with a cute outfit idea on my own. Often times, if I do happen upon something cute all by myself, it's more than likely an accident. I have spent many an hour flipping through the many fashion books, magazines, blogs, and sites I've collected to help myself with my style. I care a lot about it. As I've read through these sources, it's occurred to me that maybe some of the Fashion Icons I look up to did the very same thing... I wonder if Jakie O put so much brain power into her look, or if Audrey Hepburn had a stack of Vogue's taller than a 2 year old...

Anyway, all that to say, here are some pictures I've recently found that I think are amazing outfits. I've come upon most of these outfits by religiously reading one of my
favorite fashion blogs
. The blog is all about finding clothes and dressing on a budget which is also the story of my life.

I think it's important to also note that every outfit I "source out" I take as merely an idea and try to make it my own. Obviously, coping an outfit exactly isn't really having a style of one's own, so I strive to make whatever idea I take my own. I personally have a great love for the classic look, this is a look that works well with my body type, so I try to have a signature piece that I wear with most things, like my pearl necklace and earrings, or big rings. I'm young though, so I can still pull of a bolder look well enough... it would be dreadful to take the "classic look" and turn it into "the old woman look".


Enjoy:


Perfect for work.

I actually wore this very outfit to the doctor's office. I got a few compliments but best of all, I actually had a white dress and tailored jean jacket already, but just never though to put it together. Ta-da!

It rarely gets cold in Texas, but when it does , you'll see me sporting something similar to these two little numbers.

I L-O-V-E the idea of pairing an adorable black shirt dress with a long sleeved shirt and BRIGHT red shoes. Not only is the color scheme classic but edgy, this ensemble also pairs together something that I could wear in two different seasons: for the summer heat I could skip the long sleeved shirt underneath and wear the dress alone; and for the winter chill, I could work this number as is pictured. Gotta love clothes that are multi-faceted.


No comments: