Monday, October 29, 2007

Look of the Day

For today's look I'm posting an outfit that would be very appropriate for ladies who live in the South, are from California, or who just love the look of these chic shorts so much that they will brave the icy weather in the North to sport these.

I actually saw a woman wearing an outfit very similar to this last November; she was walking out of my local Target (hooray for Tar-zhay!), and she stopped me in my tracks. I observed her closely (I know, a little creepy, but I'll stare if I think an outfit is cute) as to make a mental image of exactly what she was wearing so I could go and immediately buy all that I needed to copy her.

Thankfully for all of us, shorts are, "This seasons version of the mini-skirt", and thank God because I could never pull of a mini and I wanted to wear this outfit again this year. Actually, this outfit is a tad different than the one I sported last year, but both could be worn. (The outfit I wore last year was simply a black turtle neck paired with a matching pair of black and white herringbone print shorts, black leggings and flats to match. I would typically accessorize with a pair of silver hoop earrings and nothing else. Simple is chic in my book.)

This year I think I'll wear my shorts in brown paired with a cute pair of slouchy boots and a preppy sweater. I'll most likely accessorize with a pearl necklace and earrings since that's my thing this year.

Hope y'all enjoy this outfit, rain or shine, sleet or snow!!

Shorts & Sweater: Forever21

Boots: Target

No comments: