Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What to do?! What to do?!

Okay, for those of you who know me, y’all know that I LOVE coats. I collect them, I dream about them, they are what makes my world go ‘round. So you can imagine the thrill that went through me when I saw this jacket at Net-a-Porter; it’s gorgeous! It’s so elegant and ladylike and it’s so me!! It’s also 795.00… that’s like half a mortgage payment for some people and it’s certainly way outside my price range. Then I remembered a shift coat I’d seen at Target some months ago from their Go International line and I was on a mad search to find it. I could not be stopped; I would find that coat if it was the last thing that I ever did!

Of course I was successful in finding it, but I’ll be honest with you, I was mighty disappointed when I finally found it! Why you ask? Well, it wasn’t that the beauty of the coat had diminished in the months since I'd last seen it; it was still as lovely and chic as ever; to be sure, the root of my frustration lie in the price! I distinctly remember this coat being no more than about $40 at Target and now whoever was trying to resell it was asking a whopping $69.99. Now, I know this price is a steal compare to the steep price tag of the other coat, but seventy bucks for one item is still quite a lot for a girl on a budget! Nevertheless, I am torn; should I splurge a little and invest in this timeless gem, or should I let it go and put it out of my mind? I really don’t know what I should do!



( left)Beautiful designer coat with a scary price tag (right) Lovely Target coat with hateful price increase.

No comments: